Откуда пошло выражение (поговорка)?

Война войной, а обед по расписанию

These words are claimed to be said by, Frederick William I, King of Prussia. – shabunc Oct 16 '12 at 12:57
    Have you tried looking for the origin of the phrase? If yes, then where? – Olga Oct 16 '12 at 13:15
  • The phrase is attributed to Frederick William I of Prussia and, allegedly, refers to the fact that soldiers need to be fed, as otherwise they will be thinking about food, not war. – Aleks G Oct 16 '12 at 14:56
    I'll slightly correct the sentence. Not exactly "по расписанию" but "по распорядку". Because of special term "распорядок" that means almost the same as "расписание" but mostly used in military language (not even military but we speak about this exact case). – user571 Nov 7 '12 at 11:45
    First time I heard this proverb was while I was watching a film about World War II "В бой идут одни старики" about group of young soviet pilots. I beleive for many people this is the "origin" of the proverb. – Artemix Nov 8 '12 at 8:10

Эту фразу произнес великий русский актер Леонид Броневой в фильме "Тот самый Мюнхгаузен". Броневой играл в этом прекрасном фильме роль герцога — курфюрста Ганновера.

| improve this answer | |
  • This may be true, however this doesn't seem to correlate to any historical records. – Aleks G Nov 8 '12 at 20:42
  • @AleksG, I agree, but still this answer is valuable, since actually many of native speakers are aware of this quote mainly because of this movie. – shabunc Nov 9 '12 at 8:32

Фридрих Вильгельм I
(Source: http://www.aforizm.info/author/fridrikh-vilgelm-I/)

| improve this answer | |
    Welcome to Russian Language and Usage Beta! Please provide an authoritative source for your claim. The site you are linking to is just a collection of unsourced quotes. – Quassnoi Nov 8 '12 at 12:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.