The wording: "другой наверну" "другой наверху".

I have not been able to do some research on this and I was hoping for someone to help me out a little. I need input on the "grammatika". What type of word "другой" is. Is it adaped to наверну?. Is наверну dativ?

• Can you add more context, please? What are you trying to say?
    – user244413
    Oct 9 '15 at 8:21
    Could you provide more context? If there are no typos, наверну is likely a verb (1st person future tense) which can have different meanings (technical or slang). Другой could mean a different / another one / one more.
    – Vilmar
    Oct 9 '15 at 8:26
  • "у него два туалета - один внизу, другой наверзу." Sorry for the delay. I am doing some other things in parallel. I am enclosing the full sentence from my textbook. I am curious if the last part includes a dativ and what is the word другой in type of grammar?
    – Ana
    Oct 9 '15 at 8:49
  • @Ana, the correct form is "другой наверху", that is "the other one – on the higher floor" Oct 9 '15 at 8:53
  • The complete sentence would be "He's got two bathrooms: one of them on the lower floor of the apartment and the other one on the higher floor". Oct 9 '15 at 8:59

If there are no typos, наверну is a verb (1st person future tense) which can have different meanings (technical - to screw on or slang - to eat, to dig in). Другой could mean a different / another one / one more.

However, the question title makes me think there is a typo, and the phrase is:

Другой, наверно.

Наверно is вводное слово gramatically, meaning probably in English.

UPDATE:

So the full sentence is:

У него два туалета - один внизу, другой наверху.

Другой is an adjective, nominative case. The noun is omitted to avoid repetition, but you could also say:

У него два туалета - один туалет находится внизу, другой туалет наверху.

Наверху is an adverb, meaning upstairs.

If it's spelled exactly наверну, then it's 1st person singular of "навернуть", i.e. "[I] will screw another one". This seems to be a sort of jargon speech, but note, unlike in English, "screw" in Russian colloquial speech usually means simply "eat". That is, "I'm gonna eat another one".

But without any context, it's only a guess.

Другой (adjective) — other, another, different
Наверну (verb, singular first person, future tense) — to screw.

It is not sentence, not a phrase, just two separate words. It needs a context to answer correctly.

Example:
— Этот колпачок не от этого тюбика. — This cap is not of this tube.
— Хорошо, я другой наверну. — Okay, I'm screw another one.

Probably a typo, not наверну but наверное ?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.