Is there a sign language that can I find for Russian ? I am interested in how it compare with American Sign Language.

In the USSR some time in 1980s all news broadcasts were accompanied with sign language doubling. You can search for these recordings in the internet. – Anixx Nov 4 '15 at 10:52
  • @Anixx That's interesting...how many are there deaf living in Russia ? – PROBERT Nov 4 '15 at 15:20
    Not only in 1980. I definitely remember that in 1990s news on some channels were also with sign-language dubbing. And about number of deaf people... I don't think that percentage is much different than in USA. – Alissa Nov 5 '15 at 13:10

Of course Russian has a sign language. You can look for "Русский жестовый язык" and "Сурдоперевод" in the internet.

Start, say, from this Wikipedia article

| improve this answer | |

Russian has its own sign language, and I can share a textbook of it, in Russian, Гейльман И.Ф., «Знакомьтесь: ручная речь», Москва, «Загрей», 2001, 2 MB.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thank you. While I don't understand in Russian yet but it is a start that I wanted to learn the ABC between the two language... – PROBERT Nov 6 '15 at 15:24
  • @PROBERT - The text in the book (but not under the images) is OCRed, so you can copy the text and use the translate.google.com to translate it, that site has greatly improved. – Yellow Sky Nov 6 '15 at 15:32
  • Yes I am aware of the translate on google site. It's good. How long does it take you to learn Russian ? – PROBERT Nov 6 '15 at 15:33
  • @PROBERT - That depends on how much time you devote to learning Russian every day and on your overall talent in learning languages. An hour every day will make you be able to talk about everyday issues after about 3 months of studying Russian. – Yellow Sky Nov 6 '15 at 15:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.