I've seen expressions like this, with, and without the "в"

В первый раз— Я в первый раз здесь.

Первый раз — Я первый раз здесь.

В последнее время— я в последнее время стала очень ленивой."

Последнее время— я последнее время стала очень нервной."

Is there a difference in meaning?

every of the variants are correct, to me they sound like synonyms May 29 '16 at 14:29
  • then what doe the в do here? or is it just historical?
    – VCH250
    May 29 '16 at 14:34
  • The same question: rus.stackexchange.com/questions/2750/… "в первый раз" is older. In these examples (I think) "в первый раз" is more bookish, and "первый раз" is more colloquial. May 29 '16 at 17:53
  • It's the same as: It's my first time in here. I'm here for the first time You can say either way.
    – Tempteh
    May 29 '16 at 20:50
    I don't know, if I knew anything more significant, I would have posted an answer. But from the point of an ordinary native speaker I can assure you, that some 99% of the native speakers do not see any difference between these variants May 30 '16 at 1:41

Although the variants omitting "в" are widely used they are colloquial and grammatically incorrect.

В первый раз— Я в первый раз здесь. Первый раз — Я первый раз здесь.

they are both correct but second is more common. And first is more emotional a little bit.

And I've not got it

В последнее время— я в последнее время стала очень ленивой."

Последнее раз— я в последнее время стала очень нервной."

"Последнее раз" в Вашем ответе что означает?
    – V.V.
    May 31 '16 at 15:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.