I am attempting to complete some simple homework examples my Russian teacher has given me. (I am learning Russian in my free time, whilst I work full-time)
The example given in my textbook is:
Given: Наша квартира была приватизирована пять лет назад.
Desired: Нашу квартиру приватизировали пять лет назад.
I require the following clarifications:
- Is my assumption that the sentence is going from the active voice in the given sentence, to the passive voice in the desired sentence, correct?
- What part of speech is the word «приватизирована»? (My usual search source, Wiktionary is failing me.)
- What is happening to the above mentioned word when it moves from the given sentence to the desired sentence?
- Why does the above mentioned word decline into the plural past tense form, whereas in the first sentence «быть» is in its feminine form?
- How does it happen? What topic or topics must I read, to elaborate this topic further?
- Are there any rules regarding this?