Which on line dictionaries is considered the best and accurate for English-Russian (and vise versa) translations?

Google translate makes a lot of mistakes.

For terminology, I prefer (in order of descending reliability) ru.wikipedia.org, wiktionary.org and, last but not least, multitran.ru (I generally mistrust 'hive-mind platforms', though-- especially those in Russian language).

For corpus samples, I normally accept linguee.ru

Google.translate is often funny (but it can be improved).

• Thank you!1^ Btw, I found many mistake in Google translate for En-Ru then personally I highly recommend to avoid it as possible. – Influx May 20 '17 at 10:21
    Reverso is much better than Linguee in my opinion. – VCH250 May 20 '17 at 11:35
  • Google translate is really quick, which is OK if you just want a vague idea of what the text might be about and don't really care about accuracy, but even as a native English speaker with poor/weak command of Russian I can often notice mistakes in Google's translations in both directions (for example, Google does not seem to understand at all that the Dative case is used for indirect objects and not direct objects). – Chill2Macht May 25 '17 at 10:58

Well, I never use one dictionary. Lingvo-online.ru or lingvo.ua., wooordhunt.ru., dict.academic.ru.,multitran.ru.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.