It’s a wide used term and has its own article in wiki: Cognitive shift.

In Russian, I failed to find something better than this awkward "изменения в осознании".


1 Answer 1


In more colloquial terms it could be translated as Сдвиг по фазе, but that is closer to insanity, not just any shift in any direction. I think it could be translated literally - Когнитивный сдвиг. There are lots of adopted words in russian nowadays. You may want to search some professional psychologic literature for a more precise translation

  • 3
    Here's a Russian version of a book where the term is translated as когнитивный сдвиг. One of its authors, Aaron T. Beck is often referred to as the person who introduced that term. goldbiblioteca.ru/online_psihologiya/online_psistr/5.php
    – Alex_ander
    Jun 15, 2017 at 11:09
  • In non-academic contexts, it could be translated as "трансформация сознания". It’s not the same as cognitive shift but more popular and general term
    – oluckyman
    Jun 16, 2017 at 9:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.