There is a tool used by artists called blending stump (in English) or tortillon (in French). But I cannot find the word for it in Russian. This is how they (tools) look like:

enter image description here

2 Answers 2


It's called Растушка, растушовка/растушёвка.

blending stump Искусство: растушка

Универсальный англо-русский словарь. Академик.ру. 2011.

from th verb растушевывать.

РАСТУШКА — и (чаще) РАСТУШОВКА, растушовки, жен. (спец.). 1. только ед. Действие по гл. растушевать растушевывать. 2. Скрученная из бумаги или другого мягкого материала заостренная палочка для тушовки (живоп. спец.). Толковый словарь Ушакова. Д.Н. Ушаков.… … Толковый словарь Ушакова

Растушёвка – это в общем-то частный случай штриховки. После нанесения штрихов, используя свойства графита карандаша и свой инструмент для растушевки (растушку) , штрихи как бы размазывают до получения однородного тона. Держать растушку при работе надо под углом и ни в коем случае не перпендикулярно плоскости листа. Лучше всего аналогом бумажной (замшевой) скрученной растушки будет служить кусок натуральной винной пробки заточенной на конус или клином с тонким рабочим концом. Также в качестве растушки можно использовать кусочек ватки, ватную палочку, кусок мягкой бумаги, свернутый на конус и т. п.

  • 7
    I believe the modern spelling is растушёвка
    – Quassnoi
    Commented Jun 22, 2017 at 6:36
  • 2
    +1 растушёвкаграмота.ру
    – Eugene
    Commented Jun 22, 2017 at 12:39
  • Why you are using two variants: растушЁвка и растушОвка. They are all correct?
    Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 10:44
  • I gave you three, which I found in different dictionaries. The spelling was different earlier, they wrote " о ". Modern spelling is "ё", "растушка" is still used. When you write, you can use two. You can find the old spelling in older books. Just for you to know they all mean the same.
    – V.V.
    Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 11:41

Because it is very special tool most people does not know what it is or how it is called and i think in different regions it can be called differently. But me and everybody i know call it растушка. And i think there is not much difference in these words растушка and растушовка.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.