Is it formal and common in Russian?

"я в вашем распоряжении"

And exactly means: " I'm at your disposal " ?
Is there any other friendly sentence for informal situations?(common in daily conversation)

You can use it in daily conversations, just sometimes change "вашем" for "твоём", if you say it to one person you call "ты".

A more formal phrase is я к вашим услугам.

A less formal can be anything... But maybe more literal.

Yes, it is formal. And yes, as mentioned above, "Я к вашим услугам" is more common. Yes, it exactly means "I am at your disposal".

A more friendly and informal alternative is "Всегда готов(-а) помочь" or "Всегда буду рад(-а) помочь".

This is a polite form from the old times, it is between formal and informal language. Just imagine a ball (or some cross-meeting, when not everyone knows each other), where young people from high society are friendly, but not informal.

So, in addition to its direct meaning, it becomes clear: no one will use 'я в вашем распоряжении' being in small group of close friends, but also no one will allow to say that at a business conversation. This is the middle of formal and informal ways to speak, a close mix of joke and truth. This can be used by good service staff, by members of team, or by politicians and businessmen enjoying something together to become familiar.

As a result, use 'я в вашем распоряжении', when you are ready to smile. When you pronounce this seriosly, it looks as work, rude service, way to earn money, as a wall for strangers.

It is archaic expression. I would expect it to as humorous expression between friendly co-workers or friends.

It is highly formal and would literally mean that you are subordinated to the one to whom you said it, in a very military-like style, as in "I am waiting orders".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.