Искал этот глагол в нескольких словарях, но не тут-то было.

в этот раз недоперепил, так что нормально.

"Недоперепить" is a very colloquial, non-standard verb. It's no surprise you haven't found it in dictionaries. Still, it's used.

It means a very strange thing, I think. "Перепить" means to drink too much, with all the consequences that come with it (by that I mean a bad hangover).

The prefix "недо" is meant to negate the prefix "пере" in "пить." The result is that the whole verb means to drink a lot, but less than one would actually like to. If one says "недоперепил," it doesn't necessarily mean the person doesn't have a hangover, though.

• Я все понял! Спасибо за разъяснение)))
    – CocoPop
    Mar 10 '19 at 14:24
    @CocoPop спасибо и Вам за интересный вопрос!
    – Enguroo
    Mar 10 '19 at 14:25

This is a facetious verb which formally doesn't exist because both prefixes negate each other.

недоперепить

выпить больше, чем возможно, но меньше, чем хочется (seems to be a classic definition)

Basically the implied idea is that overdrinking is good and you haven't had enough of it.

• Для меня "выпить больше, чем возможно" не имеет никакого смысла. Именно сколько считается "возможно"? Выпить ведь можно до того, как бухло из ушей идет 😂 Но я уловил суть))) Спасибо!
    – CocoPop
    Mar 10 '19 at 14:21
    @CocoPop not my definition though, i'm just the messenger, i might rephrase it as больше чем можно было бы or больше, чем нужно Mar 10 '19 at 14:24
  • Уровень перепития относителен :) . Если обозначать словом недоперепил недостигнутый желанный уровень, то можно вспомнить, что говорят в шутку о степенях перепития ирландцы: "ирландец пьёт не до опьянения, а до протрезвления".
    – Alex_ander
    Mar 11 '19 at 13:43

This site is temporarily in read only mode and not accepting new answers.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .