The term sounds pretty sexist to me (in the very beginning, it’s said it’s about women only).
Items 4-6 (makeup, clothing, body care) are obviously about a woman not behaving like society expects (caring about her looks to attract a man).
Item 7 (bars) seems to be about the same breaking of expectations. Though I don’t know whether a woman is supposed to be accompanied to bars in Japan by a man, or another woman, or not visit them at all. Can you clarify in comments?
I’m not so sure about items 1 and 8 (messaging style and excitement), but they may be in the same alley: proper woman must be talkative and emotional, and this one behaves like a man.
Items 2-3 (eating and shoes) are puzzling to me. Probably that’s Japanese cultural peculiarities. Are such behaviors also considered male-like?
So, for a woman with male-like behavior, we have these terms:
- «эмансипированная (женщина, девушка)» (somewhat archaic, mostly associated with early 20 century)
- «пацанка» (a tomboy; colloquial, mostly associates with girls in their teens)
- «феминистка» (a crude assumption of the person’s political views from their lifestyle, of course)
That’s what I can say from these listed traits. However, the Wikipedia article says more about something like giving up on hope to find a husband. Which is sexist too, presuming that must be a life’s purpose for every woman. Unluckily, Russian has some idioms along these lines too:
- «старая дева» (a spinster - woman who is a virgin or unmarried past “normal” age)
- «синий чулок» - listed in another answer
- «сильная и независимая женщина» (a strong and independent woman) - a recent sexist Internet meme, for trolling feminists, meaning they will stay forever alone.
- A sub-meme is that such a woman has 40 cats («40 кошек»), meaning that she’ll try to mitigate her loneliness with pets. It’s a Russian variation of an old European image of crazy cat lady. Also within such reasoning, for a lonely woman to acquire her first cat means giving up on her love life.
I think «серая мышка (мышь)» listed in another answer is not appropriate here, because it suggests timidity and not caring for looks, but such a woman may be married.