In Latin one does not need to have seperate words for I, you, we, she/he ect it is just inferred by the ending of the first conjugation verbs and the context. Say for example in I give or you give ect you just change the ending for example do das respectively.

If you learn Italian you might have to learn that I give is io do but people just leave off the unnecessary io just as Latins would have done in some circumstances verbally.

My question is does Russian work the same? Do people just leave the redundant I, you, we, she/he ect when they speak just like Italians do and infer the first conjugation from the verb endings?

• I see very interesting but it would be nice if the I, you, we, she/he ect was routinely dropped in Russian like it is in Latin or Italian or routinely kept as either way it would make it easier to learn. – onepound Apr 17 '20 at 13:50
  • I still don't see how that particular question + answers provided not answer this exactly question. The answer is - there's no one-to-one correspondence and the usage of the pronouns differs. Compared to Latin or Italian ;) – shabunc Apr 17 '20 at 14:44
  • I did not say it did not answer it particularly Constantine Geist's answer which seems to suggest you could drop the I, you, we, she/he ect colloquially. That question + answers that you linked is what I wanted to know. – onepound Apr 17 '20 at 14:54
  • oh, I apologize, I got it completely wrong - I though you are requesting to reopen the question (which is a completely normal thing to do btw) – shabunc Apr 17 '20 at 16:08
  • Yes, this is possible. For example, it is quite common to answer «Знаю» (I know) or «Вижу» (I see) or «Хочу» (I want) without a pronoun. – Sergey Kirienko Apr 20 '20 at 13:33

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.