Как такое могло случиться в Соединенных Штатах?

"Такое" is an adjective? But here it is used as a noun...
What's going on?

"Takoe" can be both an adjective and a pronoun. Here we have a pronoun "this" used as a subject. I.e. How could all this have happened in the USA?

• Thanks, могло is the past form of can but in russian, it can be 'could' and could have? like "it could be true' "she could have forgotten about it" as in "it is possibble thhat she forgot about the meeting? – user21669 Feb 19 at 8:56
  • what about "i could speak English when I was a child'" is the same past form used here too? – user21669 Feb 19 at 8:58
  • "She could have forgotten about it"-"Ona mogla (possibly) zabit..." – Eugene Feb 19 at 9:05
  • There's one form for all kinds of past tenses existing in English, i.e. it will be always могло, могла, мог with a simple infinitive and a perfect as well. – V.V. Feb 19 at 9:05
  • "I could speak English"-"Ya mog razgovarivat na Angliiskom" – Eugene Feb 19 at 9:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.