I've heard from a stranger a tongue-twister, from which I understood not a single word. It's supposed to be a particularly difficult short Russian phrase which, I was told, it's pronounced mostly when people get drunk and they tend to say bad words when they fail to pronounce it correctly. Which is this phrase or tongue-twister?

Well, the actual question is:

Which bad words emerge when it's pronounced?

Прыжок с переподвыподвертом?
    – Artemix
    Aug 6, 2013 at 9:28
  • @Artemix это вопрос или это такая фраза?
    – c.p.
    Aug 6, 2013 at 9:33

3 Answers 3

I'm not sure, but maybe it was Прыжок с переподвыподвертом or (simpler case) Прыжок с подвыподвертом. This means something like "jump with body overtwist" ("подвыподверт" here comes from the words подвернуть and/or вертеть).

If one fails to pronounce the second word correctly, they have very high chance to say подпердом, подвыпердом, переподвыпердом. All these words are derived from the word пердеть - to fart) which replaces "body twist" to "farting", and the result is "jump with overfarting".

The word переподвыподверт is constructed using a bunch of prefixes:

пере- под- вы- под- верт

The selection of the prefixes clearly shows that the main goal of this tongue-twister is to make the person that pronounces it to mix up initial "в" and "п".

My favourite one is "Еду я по выбоине, и из выбоины не выеду я". When drunk, people cannot pronouce it correctly, what they actually say sounds really funny. :D
    – Yellow Sky
    Aug 6, 2013 at 17:02
  • @YellowSky This one is also nice, but mine was the shortest I could recall.
    – Artemix
    Aug 8, 2013 at 8:08
  • "Сиреневенький" - in one word or a word in the phrase. "Бесперспективняк" - it is difficult to articulate even sober.
    – Eugene
    Aug 8, 2013 at 13:55
  • @eugene Бесперспективняк is ok, but what about emerging bad words?
    – Artemix
    Aug 8, 2013 at 15:26
  • There are no bad words like "выверт/выперд" but it's funny when drunk man trying to pronounce it. It's just a short tongue twister.
    – Eugene
    Aug 9, 2013 at 0:46

I know one tongue-twister which indeed produces bad words and is really difficult: Ох у ямы холм с кулями, выйду нá холм куль поправлю

The one that comes to my mind is "Себя от холода страхуя, купил доху я на меху [я]"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.