In Russian, there are verbs that govern a certain case, but also verbs that can be used with more than one case (typically verbs that take either the accusative or the genitive-partitive).

Would there be a resource that lists verbs with the cases they govern?

  • This looks like something that could be of use but I can't see inside it: amazon.co.uk/… Mar 29, 2022 at 12:24
  • As you are dissatisfied with the given answers, people have no idea what you are asking about. Try paraphrasing your question.
    – greatvovan
    Sep 18, 2022 at 18:41

2 Answers 2


This link might be what you are looking for. http://masterrussian.net/f15/list-verbs-require-dative-genitive-instrumental-case-20791/


In Russian, the following nominals are declined (case-changing): nouns, adjectives, numerals, participles, and pronouns. Declension is expressed by endings.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.