I got a translation from a translator which I found online and feel like they might not know Russian at all and just used some of the services like Google translate. I wonder if there is some way to check for this?

For example, here's some of his text:

Создавайте центры обработки данных с системами охлаждения и низким уровнем пыли. Снизьте уровень шума в исследовательских лабораториях.

После вашего открытия пандемия вируса будет упоминаться только в учебниках истории.

Максимальная сумма займа базируется на вашем кредитном рейтинге

Из-за нестабильности местной валюты и высоких темпов инфляции ведущая сторона рассматривает возможность замены фиатной валюты цифровым публичным реестром. Главный оппонент – министр финансов, который говорит, что инфляция в долгосрочной перспективе полезна для экономики.

When I run it through Google translate it seems to be alright, but since it isn't exactly what the original English text was, it's hard to tell as I don't speak Russian.

Any ideas how to detect this? Thanks.

If we can't, the translator AI must have fulfilled the Turing test. Such a short snippet (esp. of a simple technical text) wouldn't be enough to assess, though. This one is not ideal but generally valid, and not beyond the possibility a mediocre human translator would produce. The only formal problem with this text is that the two sentences are in slightly different tenses without an apparent justification.
    – Zeus
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 1:04
    In English many of the verb forms are the same: "Ask him to run.", "Run for your life!", "They run in the mornings." In the first example the translator has resolved the ambiguity incorrectly and absurdly turning a list of project goals into a list of commands. The result reads something like this: "Go ye and create data processing centers with cooling systems and a low dust level! Reduce the noise level in the research laboratories!". All three examples are woodenly literal and tiring to read.
    – David42
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 1:31
    Look, isolated sentences don't make a justice. It is a longer coherent text that is more difficult to translate well for AI. The two new sentences do have some traits of machine translation, but again, not beyond a mediocre human. Instead of giveaway machine errors, they feel like English calques - but this is not uncommon for a technical text. The most obvious sign is that after "После вашего открытия" there must be a comma, yet modern English doesn't use a comma here. Machine translation doesn't bother much with correct punctuation (yet).
    – Zeus
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 1:32
    @David42, this may be justified if it is a list of recommendations to achieve some goal.
    – Zeus
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 1:36
    @Zeus, why do you think there should be a comma after "После вашего открытия"? Isn't that just a plain non participle-based adverbial of time, same as "завтра", "скоро" or "через пять минут"?
    – Igor G
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 7:15

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.