- Are phonetically balanced in the sense that the phonemes that are used in the sentences appear at the same frequency they do in English.
- Contain all phonemes that appear in English.
Here are a few examples of them:
- Oak is strong and also gives shade.
- Cats and dogs each hate the other.
- The pipe began to rust while new.
- Open the crate but don't break the glass.
Question: Is there an equivalent of the Harvard sentences for Russian, i.e. a phonetically balanced collection of Russian sentences containing all phonemes used in Russian?