I'm having a hard time finding a good translation for some simple calls to action on a website that are all variants of:

do x to win

The do x can be one of a few different verbs but the to win bit has me stumped. Someone has suggested I use и побеждайте but that doesn't sound right.

Examples of phrases are "Guess the sound to win" or "Listen carefully to win"

• Сделайте X, чтобы победить Oct 18 '13 at 11:30
  • It's in development so I can't give you a link unfortunately. Examples of phrases are Guess the sound to win or Listen carefully to win
    – boz
    Oct 18 '13 at 11:32
  • You need reverse order in this phrase: > Чтобы победить, нажмите Х. In this way it sounds better for me.
    – user2174
    Nov 15 '13 at 12:39

"Нажмите кнопку и выиграйте!" is the most closest one. First of all, it assumes that second action (win something) is imposed by a first action (do something). Second, it sound motivating. Third, it is shorter than "чтобы победить, сделай то-то" form.

I'm much obliged to @YellowSky for pointing out that "выиграйте" is better than "победите".

"Победить" implies competition with others, there's another verb, "выиграть", like "to win a prize" - "выиграть приз".
    – Yellow Sky
    Oct 18 '13 at 11:40
  • @YellowSky, very good point, don't thought about the fact that this is about выиграть. You know what, I'll make this a comment.
    – shabunc
    Oct 18 '13 at 12:06
  • leto.bystrobank.ru Oct 20 '13 at 9:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.