Is there a proper idiomatic translation of "Debug" into the Russian Language? I am not sure about "наладка программы", which I found on en.bab.la

Обезжучиваем программы! :) – Karlson Jun 19 '12 at 21:12
    The only traditional and widely used form is "отладка" (and "отладчик" for 'debugger'), for a few decades. But there are new flows. The book "Наука отладки" (books.ru/books/nauka-otladki-86536) carries "отладка" on the cover but intentionally uses "наладка" inside through the whole text. I don't have English original (amazon.com/The-Science-Debugging-Matt-Telles/dp/1576109178) so I can't determine whether it's affected by the latter. And, "наладка" isn't accepted by the community. – Netch Nov 17 '12 at 13:45
  • Наладка is usually used for hardware tuning. – Artemix Jul 26 '13 at 21:50
  • @Artemix after some rethinking I would prefer "наладка" for a particular system installation and configuring, but "отладка" for fixing of a program or component "in vitro". – Netch Nov 7 '13 at 6:44

If you mean the software context, then it's отла́дка:

отла́дка програ́ммы (debugging of a program)
отла́живать програ́мму (to debug a program)
отла́дчик (debugger)

But sometimes speak on slang (Runglush):

дебаг
дебажить
дебаггер

For example: Вчера весь вечер дебажил программу.

отладка, поиск ошибок в программе. – Yurij73 Jun 19 '12 at 22:17
    +1 Also, debugger = отладчик, I think you should include that in your answer too – Armen Tsirunyan Jun 19 '12 at 23:17
  • I have also heard "дебужить" as a slang verb for debug. – Georgy Ivanov Oct 20 '13 at 22:53
  • I would not include this slang here. It is not Russian. – Anixx Oct 22 '13 at 7:46
  • I agree. The question was about translation, not about the words used. – texnic Oct 22 '13 at 17:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.