I would like to ask if there exists any online or downloadable descent dictionary of rhymes. I would prefer it to be structured and readable, so that I could eventually parse it. It is very important that it should not be a ready-to-use app like rifmovnik.ru

If there is no available free resource, then I would definitely ask you if it is legal to build my own dictionary based on extracts from internet libraries. I think this could be problematic because of the copyright.

• A possible duplicate – Olga Mar 6 '14 at 4:47
  • @Olga, I agree it could be a duplicate. However, on the resource page I don't see any rhyme dictionaries mentioned (nor in the list provided). And I just need them urgently. – petajamaja Mar 6 '14 at 4:57
  • Поиск словаря окончаний дает много ресурсов. – Artemix Mar 6 '14 at 8:39
    Не все слова с одинаковыми окончаниями рифмуются. И наоборот - иногда рифмуются слова с абсолютно разными окончаниями (или вообще рифмуется слово с целым словосочетанием). – petajamaja Mar 6 '14 at 16:34
    I cautiously disagree that it's a duplicate - at least until some rhyme-specific info is added to the "resources" question. – Aleks G Mar 11 '14 at 11:41

Have you tried following links on downloadable rhyme dictionaries? (I think it is possible to extract database from such programs; or may be it is possible to use open API of their DLLs)

As I understand, you don't need online rhyme dictionaries. But I found and checked small list of working services, so decided to put it here:

(I think it is good idea to try to ask owners of these web-services to send you their rhyme database)

• OK, thanks! So the idea is that I need to somehow extract the databases. Thank you! – petajamaja May 31 '14 at 13:50
  • Oh noooo… Licence agreements. I am not allowed to decompile or disassembly the programs, nor to extract the database. Thus, the idea failed. But thanks nevertheless. – petajamaja Jun 1 '14 at 3:16
  • Sorry. I hope someone of owners of that sites will send you the database. – Ilya Jun 1 '14 at 15:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.