I found an old friend at an social mediawebsite and I want to contact the person.

I want to somehow say something like:

"You are her too? Interesting....."

But I want to have this in a somehow nice fashion. So if I am already not happy with the english version. I somehow want to express that I was surprised to see the person here again and I want to state that I am POSITIVE suprised and that this is interesting. So I do not want the other person to have negative feeling. So it is important that it has a positive friendly sound. Maybe also somehow a funny version would be ok. I am not a russian pro and this is way to hard for me, my (likely wrong) try would be something like:

дю Ош иерархи? круто :-)

EDIT: I further want to add that I think that this person should not have any problems getting in touch with other persons (high social proof well looking). The profile of the person states that he searches for new friends. I also want to imply that I think he shouldn't have any problems to get to know other people in a large city where he lives. So as a compliment. As sweet-talk so that the person is positive tempered and likley response.

english somehow:

You shouldn't have any problems getting in touch with other people here in xxxxx :-)

I do not like this, because I fear that this could be sarcastic. I do not want the risk that he understands it as sarcasm! So how can I express this in russian without risking sarcasm? My basic russian is way too bad, please help

Your ‘дю Ош иерархи? круто’ is definitely the funniest thing I’ve seen in a week. :-D But I can’t understand a word except of круто. – Dmitry Alexandrov Apr 27 '14 at 17:29
  • @DmitryAlexandrov Damn, maybe you could help me out, would be very nice! – StueBerlin Apr 27 '14 at 17:45
    What about и ты здесь? прохладно! – StueBerlin Apr 27 '14 at 17:48
  • The proposed variants translated from Russian would be "Are du Osh hierarchs?" and "And you here too? It's cold!" – Anixx Apr 30 '14 at 6:54
    @DmitryAlexandrov: Obviously he entered "Bist du auch hier Archie? (Are you also here, Archie?) in a translation site, and it transcribed "du" and "auch" as дю and ош, and "hier Archie" as иерархи. hahahahahahahaha – CocoPop Jun 3 '14 at 15:15

Sometime simplicity is best - О! Какой приятный сюрприз! Рад видеть... By the way, slang meaning of cool is opposite of Russian прохладно (прохладно means lukewarm; not cool)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.