I tried to find meaning or translation in dictionaries , just failed. Is that means "проспать дорогу на верх"?

So what is the translatoion of "to sleep his way up"?

Original sentence: Chistoff has decided to sleep his way up the corporate ladder.

This is a question about English.
    – Anixx
    Oct 6, 2014 at 6:46

1 Answer 1

EDIT:

In Russian this means

"Получить повышение (по карьерной лестнице) через постель"

Previously I answered with the text below, but this was discussed with @KCd and we decided that it's not correct.

I think it's probably a typo and most likely that was as "Chistoff has decided tosliphis way up the corporate ladder." which means

"забраться вверх по карьерной лестнице".

Literally it's translated as "проскользнуть по карьерной лестнице наверх". It's acceptable, but more often "забраться" or "проскочить" are used.

• Cant be mistake, translation of "to slip his way up" is kind of obvious. Any other ideas?))
    – Rocketq
    Oct 6, 2014 at 18:05
  • In English nobody talks about slipping their way up the corporate ladder, but sleeping your way up the corporate ladder is a known (if not exactly professional) activity.
    – KCd
    Oct 6, 2014 at 23:23
  • @KCd what the kind of activity is this in English? Oct 7, 2014 at 1:14
    It means sleeping with people who have higher positions of authority. Needless to say, the main activity is in a bed but is not actual sleeping... ясно?
    – KCd
    Oct 7, 2014 at 1:17
    @KCd oh this, okay it's clear now. Would you like me to include and fix this in the answer or you will write your own answer? Oct 7, 2014 at 1:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.