Privet :) Is there any app or webiste where I can talk with native russian speakers for free? With talk I mean really talk and not just write.

Mylanguageexchange.com--You may have several false starts before finding someone for a mutually productive chat via Skype. Try to stick with someone whose English is roughly on your level of Russian. I avoid girls and women in general. There's a tendency to let a little romance percolate but the younger the girls are, the more fickle and more quick to take offense at any imagined slight. More mature persons are preferable, especially those who follow a rigidly structured lesson program. At least that's my preference. The pretty girls make me nervous. I'm more at ease conversing with a man. – john mosbrook Dec 9 '14 at 1:05
    @user3847 I think your comment qualifies to be an answer. – Artemix Dec 9 '14 at 8:21
  • @user3847: +1 for your candid explanations . – Georges Elencwajg Dec 16 '14 at 22:33
  • You can speak with me – 1nstinct Nov 27 '18 at 18:37

vk.com for one. It's a Russian Facebook clone which many people use as a Tumblr substitute (yours truly included). If you find someone you want to talk to, just exchange Skypes.

As to how to find talking partners, just browse the 'groups' ("Группы") and either search for English learners (then it'll be mutually beneficial), or for groups centred around your interests.

Also, don't be afraid to talk to girls just because they're girls (as a certain user suggested). That's sexist.

And if, by any chance, you're interested in anime/manga, Doctor Who, cats, or Java/Android programming, you can talk to me ;)

I use Interpals. You can find people who actually learn language by using filter.

• Why minus? I used interpals, it is full of russian speaking people. – Dmitriy Dec 9 '14 at 20:14

http://italki.com - there you can find Russians willing to have a language exchange speaking practice (normally it is 30 min in Russian and 30 min in your language, but not necessary). Also you can find a community tutor there (informal teaching) and teachers of Russian.

Good luck with learning Russian!

protected by Community Mar 18 '15 at 16:08

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.