What is the meaning / intention / desired interpretation from the audience of the body language shown in the images and subsequently described below.
(Note: Placing this question on Russian Language stack exchange is based on my personal speculation that this particular hand / arm gesture is unique to Russians or at least that geo-social section of the world. If this is not the case and I am merely ignorant please point that out and I will promptly delete the question.)
Specifically, the gesture of:
- While speaking...
- raising ones hand approximately chest height,
- placing the hand in front of (not close to) the side of ones chest,
- with the palm of the hand facing the chest,
- the four fingers of the hand aligned together in the same direction,
- with those four fingers slightly curled in the direction of the speaker
- and the thumb at a perpendicular angle to those fingers.