In the violonchelo score of Баха Сюита номер 2, there are two notes that I don't understand, and I hope there's someone who knows about this. One says:

до С.С.

and later there's another:

В.П.

Also, I want to know where to find a musical diccionary for russian terminology since there are a lot of russian scores with russian notes in them.

Спасибо большое.

Image of the score enter image description here

These notes mean nothing without the actual scores, I'm afraid that without seeing the scores no one here can help you. – Yellow Sky Dec 26 '14 at 21:20
  • "до С. С." is probably two separate things; one that says "[play] until C" and the next is where "C" already begins. "В. П." could be literally anything (to a layman, anyway; my four years of piano lessons suggest nothing). I second the idea that seeing the score would help. – Nikolay Ershov Dec 26 '14 at 21:26
  • @YellowSky Thank you, here there is the score. – Ana Galois Dec 27 '14 at 5:28
    @AnaGalois I've taken the liberty of referring it to a general Russian Q&A site, you can watch the answers there: otvet.mail.ru/question/173565791 – Nikolay Ershov Dec 27 '14 at 7:46
    The outsourcing has worked! "До С.С." is "до середины смычка" (till the middle of the bow), "В.П." is "верхняя половина" (upper half [of the bow]). – Nikolay Ershov Dec 27 '14 at 8:03

"До С.С." is "до середины смычка" (till the middle of the bow), "В.П." is "верхняя половина" (upper half [of the bow]).

Source: http://otvet.mail.ru/question/173565791

• Спасибо большое! and also thank you for taking the time to ask this somewhere else! :] – Ana Galois Dec 27 '14 at 22:29
  • @Nikolay Ershov, I took some time trying to resolve this - unsuccessfully. I take my hat off. :) – Avi Gordon Jan 7 '15 at 20:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.