What is the etymology of the Russian word фум-лента (for isolating waterpipes)?


It's an abbreviation of "Фторопластовый уплотнительный материал", nothing less nothing more. So it's basically means that this is a fluoroplastic.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.