I need the spellings of two words "NEHA" and "RAJNI" as per Russian alphabets. I am residing in India, and these two words are Indian Names so I am also giving the sound details.

1. NEHA: "N" sounds Like "N" in "NAME", "E" sounds Like "E" in "NET" and "HA" sounds Like "HA" in "HARD".

2. RAJNI: "R" sounds Like "R" in "RUB", "A" sounds Like "O" in "LOVE", "J" sounds Like "J" in "Jacket", "NI" sounds Like "NEE" in "NEED".

Please Help ASAP

• It's Нэха Раджни – Artemix Jan 27 '15 at 8:02
  • Неха or Нэха which is correct and if both are correct then what is the diff in both. As I dont have any Idea of Russian alphabets and phonetics. Bye the way thanks a lot for the help. Regards – Vivek Jan 27 '15 at 11:03

Neha = Неха
Rajni = Раджни

I hope this helps.

• Неха or Нэха which is correct and if both are correct then what is the diff in both. As I dont have any Idea of Russian alphabets and phonetics. Bye the way thanks a lot for the help. Regards – Vivek Jan 27 '15 at 11:04
    Although this cannot be 100% standardised, Russian tends to convey the sound in question using e rather than э. Thus Peggy will be spelled Пегги, not Пэгги, but the e will be pronounced pretty close to the original English sound. – Avi Gordon Jan 27 '15 at 11:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.