I have several rare medical terms I need to translate from English into Russian: Prolotherapy, Active Release Technique, Iontophoresis. Google translate doesn't help. Any good contemporary medical translator online?

  • I have such a lexicon for rare nuclear engineering terms, and so this question is interesting to me. Oct 28, 2012 at 2:29

2 Answers 2


Helas, there is a lack of such dictionaries covering all modern medical terms. Sometimes following approach is helpful:

  1. Searching for specific term in English Wikipedia (or any other wikipedia where the term can be find).
  2. Clicking Russian in "Languages" section.

for example, Iontophoresis is Ионоферез

Word translation can be found here - lingvo.yandex.ru, but in you specific case this won't help.


Proloterapy seems to be translated as Пролотерапия. You can try to ask in active medical commuties, like http://doktor-killer.livejournal.com/

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.