How to ask and which are the best ways to say "How do I get to Red Square?" using verbs of motion and respective prepositions

• What verbs of motion do you think are appropriate in this case? – Artemix May 18 '15 at 10:30

If you are on foot:

Как пройти на Красную площадь?

If you are driving a car:

Как проехать на Красную площадь?

Universal way:

Как попасть на Красную площадь?

As you can see the pattern is:

Как (мне/нам) verb_of_motion на Красную площадь?

• I'm not sure about попасть - is it a verb of motion? The phrase itself is ok however. – Artemix May 18 '15 at 10:32
    I believe it is a verb with a meaning of motion in this case. – Dmitry May 18 '15 at 10:37
  • Just splitting hairs here: 'verb of motion' is often used to refer to the specific set of verbs that distinguish multidirectional vs unidirectional motion (ходить - идти, водить - вести, etc.). So попасть isn't a verb of motion in that sense, though its meaning certainly has to do with motion. – Curt May 2 '17 at 13:20

You can also try, "Как мне добраться до Красной площади?" It is closer to the word 'get'

• Blackmoor, can добраться also be used for "make it"? For instance, if Andrey leaves a bar drunk and you wonder if he made it home safely, ¿could you say: Интересно, добрался ли Андрей домой. – CocoPop May 7 '16 at 12:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.