It doesn't appear in a dictionary, however it seems to be a used word (like a vulgar version of cooler/better/funnier is what I can guess from the context?)

А звучит ебовее чем Б

It also might be derived from ебать but it's hard to guess the actual meaning.

I asked this guy who wrote something like in the example, and he told me it was мат.

• please provide some context. Where you heard/encountered this?
    – shabunc
    May 22, 2015 at 5:44
    I'm Russian and hear this word for the first time. The most common мат word used to mean "good" is пиздатый (comparative: пиздатее) and "very good" is охуенный (comparative is охуеннее, but this form is not often used). May 25, 2015 at 20:31

1 Answer 1

You're right, it's a rude word for "cooler", "better". ебовее is a comparative form of the adjective ебовый that, in turn, is derived from the verb ебать.

Never heard both of them. Which region they are used in?
    – UVV
    May 22, 2015 at 8:11
  • Thanks. I just want to ask if it can be taken always as positive? Or is just like "extrem" (either bad or good)?
    – c.p.
    May 22, 2015 at 8:33
    @c.p. words of this kind don't always have a precise meaning. It's a verbalized emotion, like in English "that's a fuck of a movie!", which could only be interpreted in context.
    – Quassnoi
    May 22, 2015 at 9:09
    @UVV, actually, I don't know where they are used. I think I heard it long time ago. Neither me, nor people who I know don't use it.
    – Ivan
    May 22, 2015 at 17:21
  • @Ivan if you don't mind me correcting your English it should be "Neither me nor people I know use it"
    – UVV
    May 23, 2015 at 7:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.