DevOps is a clipped compound of "development" and "operations".(Explantion from Wikipedia)

I could not found an equivalent term in russian.

Is it used without translation as "DevOps" or without abbreviation as "Операции Развития" in Russian.

Or is there any abbreviation for this term in Russian as well.If there is, can you share it.

The names of some programming methodologies such as DevOps, Scrum, Agile are essentially proper nouns and accordingly they are treated in Russian. In written texts they are often referred to in original script, though sometimes transliterated into Cyrillic: дево́пс, скрам, эджа́йл. In oral speech they are quite freely inflected just as if they were foreign city names or alike.

• is it wierd to use "Операции Развития" ? can it prefessional understand you mean "devops" ?
    – clockworks
    Jun 18 '15 at 13:05
    @stackr I suppose not. Операции развития may make sense in some context as some generic development operations, but I doubt anyone will infer it stands for 'DevOps'. After all, we don't convert IBM to МДМ (Международные деловые машины) or ARM to УМССК (Усовершенствованные машины с сокращённой системой команд). DevOps is originally an abbreviation that turned into something not unlike a brand.
    – ach
    Jun 18 '15 at 13:17
  • @stackr Development in IT sphere translates as "Разработка". And still previous comment is right.
    – 2Jura5
    Jun 18 '15 at 14:46
  • Is "Операции Разработка" sounds more reasonable than "Операции Развития" ?
    – clockworks
    Jun 18 '15 at 15:05
    "девопс" is totally known and understandable to the target group Jun 23 '15 at 7:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.