Questions requesting external resources for educational purposes such as websites, software or hardware.
The following list contains all you need to get started with Russian.
- Langust - short Russian grammar
- lib.ru, Библиотека Максима Мошкова, the largest Russian library in the Internet history.
- learnrussianweb.com, a site for learning Russian
- masterrussian.com, Russian lessons, vocabulary, test, forum
- Памятка корректору - quick reference on most common Russian grammatical, syntax and spelling mistakes
- learnrussian.rt.com, Russian lessons. Online and free.
- Ruskie.info - Russian lessons built around Russian news and realities.
- ruspeach.com - Ruspeach is an online Russian Language learning resource.
- Russian For Everyone - Russian language self study guide for beginners
- Russian Language History
- Russian Lessons - Grammar, vocabulary lists and texts (in Russian and English side-by-side). Tests are read out loud by native speakers.
- Russian Morpheem – a searchable, hypertext-style index of all grammar and vocabulary up to intermediate level. Free.
- Russian National Corpus search - allows to search for examples of a word usage and the word collocations.
- tsya.ru - website dedicated to the most problematic rule.
- udarenie.info - database of words with stresses marked + linguistic game to remember correct stresses; search function is based on gramota.ru.
- 100 top resources to learn Russian - a list of online and print resources, categorized by type and level
- BBC Russian Language Service
Convertcyrillic.com, a tool for students to easily look up multiple Russian words.
Learn to speak Russian - Russian learning site that provides a lot of helpful lessons and other information, including original course from beginning to confident level, and original books. The blog of Russian-1000words.pw contains a lot of different information on Russian language.
- Babbel - beautiful resource for language learning. They've just added new Russian courses.
- Busuu — online language learning site. Basic profile is free.
- Duolingo - free language courses delivered via web-based and mobile applications.
- Edufire/languages/Russian — a site where you can try and find a teacher of Russian with whom you later connect via edufire web-site or Skype. (For-pay.)
- Memrise — a spaced repetition learning website. It has several Russian courses. It is mainly just memorizing vocabulary.
- RussianForFree.com — free lessons from basic level to advanced, texts with audio, grammar, activities, and much more. No Sign-up required either.
- Russian LinguaLift — online Russian textbook, spaced repetition tools and educational games. (For-pay.)
- Russian World — video lectures of 2 years of Russian language courses from Dallas ISD.
- Easy Russian - regularly updated YouTube channel. Conversational Russian with Russian and English subtitles.
- Russian FSI Course - Russian language course that was developed by US Foreign Service Institute.
- Fluent in Russian - free audio lessons in the form of questions and answers for developing speaking and listening skills, as well as grammar and vocabulary.
- Russian For Everyone - Russian language self study guide for beginners.
- ABBYY Lingvo.ru, multilingual dictionary.
- Academic, an extensive collection of Russian dictionaries
- Gramota, grammar reference and more
- lurkmore.to, russian lurkmore: an on-line encyclopedia of interesting facts, focused on memes (stable ideas and expressions) of runet.
- Multitran, great translations for English-Russian, German-Russian, and includes grammatical tables, but doesn't mark stress
- ru.wiktionary, online dictionary and grammatical tables
- Пиздец! - Russian-English slang dictionary | Словарь русского мата и неформального языка
- Open Russian - English-Russian and German-Russian dictionary with examples, declension and stressmarks.
German: MOCT - Modernes Russisch - Aktualisierte Ausgabe: Modernes Russisch. Moct 1. Arbeitsbuch mit 2 Audio-CDs: Niveau A1-A2. ISBN: 978-3125275669
The online library of the Russian as Foreign Language Faculty site of the Lomonosov Moscow State University. You can find references to many good textbooks there. However, the access is only open to those who visit their courses.
Sputnik: An Introductory Russian Language Course. Designed to develop basic reading, writing, listening and communication skills. A free complementary website comes with a lot of sounds and quizzes.
- Викиновости, online free news anyone can edit - Russian section of the site
- Газета.ру, online Russian newspaper
- Известия.ру, Russian newspaper
- Лента.ру, online Russian newspaper
- Правда.ру, Russian newspaper.
- ruspeach.com - vocalized works of great Russian classics and modern authors. Ruspeach website is translated in 9 languages and it is developing and improving everyday.